Thursday 26 June 2014

♥ Beauty Bloggers Favourites #1



Ever since I became familiar with the bblogger sphere, there has always been one brand that shines out when it comes to high street make up. It is, of course, Rimmel London's dream team: the Wake Me Up foundation and concealer. The anti-fatigue formula of both products is something that pretty much everybody and her best friend has blogged about (or purchased) at some point. I remember a Zoella video I watched last summer when I spent my days off from work trawling through YouTube video's and I'm pretty sure it's Zoella and her beauty blog and YouTube channel that got me into the idea of blogging. Zoe went on about this concealer she used in order to eliminate her dark circles and brighten up her face of a morning and she always looked incredible so, obviously, I went out and purchased it to see what the hype was about.

I purchased the concealer for the first time nearly a year ago now and I have used it religiously ever since although 'm not sure which shade I have as it's rubbed off. If I have early mornings at work or university, it's my go-to product. It brightens up the eye area and is a simple little stick you can throw into your bag for touching up your face half way through the day. The foundation, however is something I've only recently bought. I've been reaching out to my liquid foundation and bb creams more frequently now the weather is warmer and the foundation is something I just had to try (and Superdrug had a £3 off promotion on it so I really could not resist)! The shade I bought is Soft Beige, which is a darker shade than I would usually purchase but my skin's a lot darker from my recent holiday.

The dewy, bright finish is absolutely perfect for summer and it really does brighten up the face.
Also, handy for summer, it has SPF built into the formula so it's a little extra protection for your fragile skin. Though if you're on holiday you should still use a high SPF sun cream on your face!

The only downside to this product is that the range has a limited selection when it comes to choosing a shade. Rimmel have recently released a few more shades to the collection but it is still limited to about four shades of concealer (three on the Rimmel website) and six shades in the foundation (only five on their website).

I dressed up the look by using Benefit's They're Real mascara, and the shades Fawn, Gild and Hazel from MUA's Undressed palette, Eyeko's Skinny Liquid Eyeliner in Black and finished with a dusting of Maybelline's Matte Maker powder in Natural Beige.

Are you a fan of the Wake Me Up range?

Em x

2 comments:

  1. eyeliner game is strong girl xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha no way! I did this with a pen eyeliner and I find 'em so awkward to use!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...