Wednesday 25 June 2014

♥ Beauty Shopping on a Budget


As a student, I'm always looking for a bargain. Superdrug is the beauty store that has never ever let me down. I don't think it ever will. I particularly love the cheaper brands they stock, unlike other beauty favourite, Boots. I'm an owner of both Superdrug and Boots advantage cards and for a really long time I shied away from using my Superdrug card. I just always thought I was getting better value with my Boots Advantage card (four points to each pound, compared to Superdrugs one point per pound spent) and therefore always bought my essentials from Boots. This was back when I had an income and wasn't half way into an overdraft and now that I am in this position, Superdrug has quickly become my go-to store. If like me you're on the look out for a bargain, watch out for 'clearance' items in Superdrug - with the yellow price tags that are hard to miss - I always manage to pick up something that they are about to discontinue for pennies!

The brands to look out for if you're makeup shopping on a budget are MUA, Beauty UK, Miss Sporty and Make Up Revolution. The latter is getting beauty bloggers all riled up at the minute. Due to their recent release of the Iconic palettes that seem to be exact dupes (in colour terms) of the Urban Decay Naked Palettes. It's something you're either going to love or hate and though it's subject to criticism - they are practically stealing UD's product - you can't argue that for someone on a budget it's a safe bet. Shelling out four quid for something similar is much better than paying the £37 Urban Decay ask for. If you love nail products, Miss Sporty is the counter to look at and the others have some brilliant things to offer like dupes of your favourite Nars blush or good eye brow kits.

There are still other alternatives, though. ASOS stock many high street and high end brands and offer student discount all year round. Topshop has a quickly growing beauty counter and also offer student discount (they double their discount at certain points in the year). Unidays offers a discount with Benefit cosmetics so you can shave a few pounds of your favourite luxury item. Debenhams stock all the beauty bloggers favourites like Urban Decay, Bobbi Brown, Illamasqua and Chanel and offer their own take on a buyers club in 'Beauty Club'.

So, there's still plenty of ways to grab a bargain when it comes to buying beauty items. If you know of any other offers available, share them in your comments below! Another thing to mention is that with my recent purchases from Superdrug, on the receipt has been a £5 off in Dorothy Perkins for any purchase over £25! If that's something you fancy, get shopping!

Em x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...