Thursday 3 July 2014

♥ Wishlist #2: Summer



I'm finally back in Birmingham for the summer and the only thing I'm focusing on is how little money I have... (I can't even afford my phone bill!) I'm fairly sure summer will be hectic, trying to squeeze in enough hours at work to put my bank account into plus figures and I've also got plans to travel up to Bolton to spend time with Tom this summer while we're away from university. On top of that I have friend's birthdays coming up and plans to spend as much time as possible with my best friend, Paige, as being away from her is probably the hardest thing to deal with as I attend a university three hundred miles away from home.

I'm pretty excited to go back to work and I might even ask around for a bar job for during the evenings just because I'm desperate for a little extra cash. Working means I'll have a regular income (hopefully four or five paydays!!!!) and I won't feel so guilty splashing out on luxuries I don't particularly need - just want.

But before I can even think about spending again, I think it's time to implement a 'spending ban'. I've tried this before, but I've never successfully done it. So, this time. I'm doing it for good. Two weeks. No spending. I'm only allowed to spend money on travel... Which, because I'm in the city, can get expensive!

Because of this spending ban, I thought I'd make a wishlist to give me motivation to work and be able to treat myself when I'm in a position to be able to buy luxuries again. Here goes:

First up, I'm desperate to get my hands on an Urban Decay palette. I want to start with the Naked Basics as it's a whopping £15 cheaper than the full Naked palettes and I want a feel for the brand before I jump in and spend forty quid on a palette I'll potentially get bored of.

Next up are something a bit cheaper. The Pop & Glow cream blush in Rose Blossom from No 7. I'd also quite like the highlighter that No 7 do in the same format as the cream blush stick and I've spotted online that with any two purchases in the No 7 range you get a free summer gift set worth a massive £22. Hopefully that will be something I manage to get my hands on!

Now my Real Techniques foundation brush just isn't cutting it. I really want to try the MAC 190 Foundation Brush. It comes in at £27 so hopefully, toward the end of summer I'll be able to get in into my brushes box!

Also from MAC, I'd love a bright orange lipstick. When I went to Indonesia I spent ages in the airports mulling over whether or not I should purchase their Morange lipstick. I didn't because I knew I'd regret spending the money on makeup and not something to do with the country I had visited. I'm definitely going to make this one of my must-buy products for summer though!

Finally, I think by the end of summer my trusty grey Converse will have given up on me and that means for second year I'll need a new pair! This time I think I'll go for just a classic black pair which can be dressed up or down.

Are there any items you're lusting after this summer?

Em x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...