Sunday 16 November 2014

♥ Looking Up


The past few months haven't been great for me, but as expected, things are starting to look a little bit better. The first term of my second year at university has caused me nothing but grief - work I'm not happy with, essays I fear I've failed and a general misunderstanding of why it is I'm here. Sometimes I feel as though a Creative Writing degree won't actually help me to where I want to go, other times I sit in seminars and realise just how valuable the things I'm learning about writing are. It's been tough. There have been too many novels to read and too much riding on things I don't enjoy (eighteenth century literature, I'm looking at you). There's been drama within our household and I've gone through a pretty vile break up... All of this while I've been living on twenty quid a week. But I guess it's all part of the experience, right? This was never going to be easy and I shouldn't let myself get so down. I guess I need to start looking at all the incredible things happening in the weeks to come, my brother visiting, dad picking me up and taking me home, seeing my best friend and getting back to the city right in time for Christmas and the famous German market! 

I suppose I just wanted to say that if you're having a rough day, week or month, things will eventually begin to look a little brighter. You can get through anything, you just need to put yourself back into a positive mindset.

Em x

4 comments:

  1. I love that your finding the good in things. That's something I am currently trying to do - ending each day on a positive note.

    nimblenote.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember that even the worst days are only as long as you make them, and never at any point do they last longer than 24 hours. They pass! Keep looking forward xxx

      Delete
  2. Aw hun, sounds rough - hope everything cheers up for you soon! x

    www.somethinglikenicola.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing okay! Just need to look forward to all the good things like Christmas! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...