Sunday 8 February 2015

♥ High End vs High Street


Make up brands that you find in the drug store are coming out with products that rival those by more luxurious brands here, there and everywhere lately. A few weeks ago I came across a product exactly like Benefit's Porefessional primer in a Boots store and just had to pick it up. I've gotten through a few tubes of sample size Porefessional and always love it on days where my skin just needs smoothing out a little - but I've shied away from splurging on the full size product. L'Oreal Paris have bought out a product that is just like it and costs only £9.99! It's not the cheapest alternative on the market, but it's the first I've seen that is so ridiculously close to its expensive older sister! L'Oreal are part of the same company as The Body Shop (who offer Instablur) and Maybelline who have a few primers in their repertoire. It's easy to see how all these products pan out and cater for different audiences and budgets and it's a clever way to make big money.






On the left is the L'Oreal Nude Magique Blur Cream, an 'instant flawless perfector' that 'instantly fuses with skin to blur imperfections away for a flawless look'. It comes in two different shades, Light to Medium or Medium to Dark and the lighter option, which is the one I opted for is slightly darker than the singular shade that Porefessional comes in. The texture of L'Oreal's Blur Cream is much grainier than the Benefit offering, however the end result is exactly the same - both of the creams blend out into the skin and leave your face feeling much softer and give a more even base for make up application. I think the two shades that L'Oreal offer are brilliant, as it avoids any tinting of the natural skin tone for those with darker skin. The price tag, that is £15 cheaper than Benefit's is amazing and for two products that do exactly the same job - it's worth it. Plus, there's actually more in the tube that L'Oreal have on offer than you'll find in the regular size Porefessional!

Do you use a pore minimising primer that's similar, or better than the cult classic Porefessional? Let me know, as I'm desperate to test out some more!

Em x








6 comments:

  1. I am using both these products and can only agree with you, they're quite similar. I bought the Porefessional with a gift certificate back then, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it since I prefer cheap alternatives (I do love Benefit though!)

    faeriedrugs blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's silly isnt it, how similar they are.. yet they have such different price tags! But yes, Benefit are nice when you want to feel super special when applying make up!

      Delete
  2. I've never used a product like it, so I might have to pick this up and try it out! Nice post x
    Love Vicki | victoriajanex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're worth trying! They make your make up glide on effortlessly and sit on your skin a bit longer. :)

      Delete
  3. I quite like the porefessional but if the l'oreal one is just as good then I will definitely be swapping to that one since it's so much better value for money!

    www.rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried any of them but I wanted to but the Porefessional as I've read many good things bout it. However, I think I'll get L'Oreal one as it seems to be pretty nice! :) x

    http://rawrbows.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...