Monday 16 March 2015

♥ Everyday Make Up: March

I wrote my first Everyday Make Up post in January and it had quite a few views so I really wanted to update you on what it is I've been slapping on my face day in, day out, more recently. I really enjoy talking you through this process so I hope you enjoy reading it all!




Base:
For moisturiser, I've been using a bog standard Nivea oil-free day cream. I use it first thing when I wake up, and then again before putting on my foundation. I've been sticking to my Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer in Ivory, as I'm sure it's getting a bit too old and I want to finish it all up. I just place this under the eyes and around the nose or chin if there are any blemishes or red patches I want to cover. I've been using L'Oreal Lumi Magique foundation in Rose Beige because I don't want to use up my entire bottle of True Match from L'Oreal just yet, and I'm still mixing this in with Rimmel Lasting Finish in Soft Beige to amp up the coverage and get a more suitable colour as on it's own the Rimmel foundation is not the right shade for me at all. Instead of using a brush to apply my base like I usually would, I'm trying out the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge and you can read a blog post dedicated to that here.

Eyes:
I've not changed up my mascara at all. I have so much of the stuff I'm trying to get through so I'm still using my Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam in Extreme Black. I then go over my lashes with a second coat, using Lash Accelerator, after I've done my eyeshadow. For eyeshadow I've been using one shade  - Guild, a part of the MUA Undressed palette and I've been putting this in the outer corners of the lids and then pulling it through the crease with the Real Techniques Bold Metals 201 brush. It's a super shimmery bronze colour and on its own it's super subtle but still looks like there's something there so it's really good for a nice day time look. I'm so obsessed with the 201 brush at the minute. It's really dense so it's so easy to pack loads of colour onto your lids with it. As always, I use my Rimmel Glam Eyes Liquid Liner in Black Glamour just on the very edges of my lids to add a little feminine flick to finish the eyes off.

Lips:
I annoyingly lost my favourite Nivea balm right after repurchasing it, so I decided to try a Carmex liquid balm, instead. I got the strawberry one and it really tingles when I put it on, is that normal? Is it working magic? I'm not too sure on it just yet and I really need to get back to my trusty Nivea. On top of this I've been using Mac's Pink Plaid - it's matte finish and such a girly and true pink shade, brilliant for the spring.


So there's the make up I've been sticking to recently. I'm quite proud of myself for pulling of a pink lip - I love that it's a bit more girly than wearing nothing on them at all without being too in your face. I'm desperate to try a pink eye look to go with it so maybe that will be what I start doing next. If there are any substitute products or similar items you think I might like, let me know in a little comment. I'd love to hear of any!


Em x



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...