Saturday 14 March 2015

♥ MAC Lipsticks, Worth The Hype?


Birthday's and Christmases are always the right time to treat those you love and yourself. When my best friend turned twenty, I picked her out some products that I consider to be high end make up in the form of the Naked 2 palette, and a Mac mascara. When Christmas came around and I had another opportunity to spoil her (and this time myself, too) so I couldn't resist a trip to the Mac counter in Birmingham's Selfridges to pick up something. She's really into make up and although I hoped to get her a beautiful looking Nars lipstick, they were obviously out of stock of the one I'd picked out and Mac was the best alternative. Along with her Christmas present,  I also treated myself to a lipstick I'd been lusting after for ages. Twig. Not surprisingly, it's a nude. I really shy away from bold lip colours as I don't think I'm confident enough to pull them off, but i am learning. Now, I own three mac lipsticks, Twig, Creme in Your Coffee and Pink Plaid. I'm obviously super impressed with them and can understand why so many of you bloggers and makeup fiends have such a large collection of the lipsticks mac have on offer.




The staying power of them are incredible and they're not too expensive, either. Yes, they cost double the amount that one in the drug store would, but other, more luxurious brands like Nars, Illamasqua and Dior all charge up to (and in some cases more than) and over £10 more than the brands in drugstores. So Mac are a good place to start if you're getting seriously into make up and want to start using products that are of a good quality and only a touch more expensive than what you can find on the high street. I have two satin finish, and one matte finish and I love both formulations, but it must be noted that matte lipsticks can be drying, so it's important to keep your lips super healthy and moisturised. In my opinion, you really can't go wrong with a mac lipstick and the choice of shades and finish really does put them a step above the rest - you're bound to find a shade for you.

Em x

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAC Lipsticks are definitely worth the hype! The colour range is fantastic :) I love all of mine x

    http://gingerphoebe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...