Saturday 23 May 2015

♥ MAC Haul #2




























Last week I posted my Rome Wishlist. It had a few bits and bobs that I wanted to buy before my little holiday in Italy and it included the Burgundy Times Nine palette from MAC's new eye shadow palette collection. I'd had a few other bits in my basket on their website and after a tough last week at university full of essay writings and presentations my moods were getting increasingly worse and I knew the one thing that would instantly put a bit of a smile back on my face was to have a little splurge on MAC. It's quite excessive, I think, for someone in my position to just go and spend £80 on their products without a second thought, but it was a little reward to myself after a really awful few weeks, so we can overlook the state of my bank balance! Plus, I've now finished the second year of my degree and I needed a little pat on the back! Here's what I picked up:

Burgundy Times Nine
These new 'times nine' palettes are incredible value for money. I was torn between the burgundy one and purple one but I think I'll reach for the shades in this one much more than I would the purple toned palette. The thing that stood out to me the most is that it hold the shade Quarry and that's one I'd wanted in my collection for ages. These nine shadows are adorably tiny and it's a good way to try and find if shades work for you or not. I can't wait to play around with it and create some fun looks.

Paint Pot in Painterly
I've seen this everywhere. Tanya Burr uses it as a base for her eye shadow in her videos all the time and I thought I'd give it a try and see if it evens out the colour of my lids. I use quite a few budget brand shadows too, so maybe this will help them stay in place all day. It'll also be a quick fix for those days when I just fancy a simple mascara and liner look.

217 Blending Brush
Another one of their products everyone raves about. I knew for quite a while this would be the first MAC makeup brush I would buy. At £19 for one brush it is quite steep, but it'll be really versatile and hopefully it'll be good to use for a few years. It has the softest hairs and though it's denser than I was expecting, I bet it's incredible at blending out eyeshadow and concealer.

Lip Pencil in Spice
This is one of those Kylie Jenner 90's inspired colours. I use a lot of nude tones and I'm really getting into lip liners and wearing stuff on my lips. I own the lipstick in Twig and this is meant to be a good liner to use with it, so it'll be interesting to see what other products I can use with this - or how it works on its own!

I am so so happy with everything I purchased and it all arrived so quickly. It's the second time I've ordered with them online and I'm yet to have an issue. Is there anything from MAC you're desperate to try? Let me know! Also, if you want me to review or let you know how the products I bought work, tell me in a comment below!

Em x


3 comments:

  1. Ooh everything looks gorgeous! I've wanted Painterly and a 217 for so long!

    Emily // Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would really love to use some of their brushes and I want more of their lipsticks ;) your purchases look really cool, and I love your blog name so much :D followed on bloglovin x3

    dresses-and-travels //@susandollparts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you've been having a tough time in the past few weeks but you treat yourself girl, I'm sure you deserve it! That burgundy palette looks amazing, definitely on my wishlist :)

    Shannon xx | http://lotsofloveshannon.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...