Wednesday 6 May 2015

♥ My Purple Smokey Eye featuring Makeup Revolution




I am so proud of how I'm doing at the whole eye shadow thing at the minute. I feel like at the ripe ol' age of twenty years old I've finally found the technique and tools that make my life so much easier. While I am prone to a splurge on high end beauty buys, some of my favourite (and most used) makeup bits are super cheap and affordable and easy to find on the high street. Here's how I create this mostly matte smokey purple eye when I fancy a bit of eye action.

My brand new Makeup Revolution Essential Mattes palette is what I start with. I usually only wear this makeup for a few hours of an evening so I don't bother priming or starting with a base, I just go straight in with a matte lilac shade (far right in the palette), all over the lids using the Real Techniques base eyeshadow brush. I then take the darker purple shade to its left, and use the Bold Metals crease brush (201), into the outer v of the lid and lightly drag it through the crease. To blend this all in together I use the fluffier side of the eye brush that comes with the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette. When I'm done blending this out, I add the first highlighting shade in the Make Up Revolution Iconic 3 palette to the inside corner of my eye and along the brow bone, with the Urban Decay brush, blending it all in together to create smooth transitions between the highlighter and two shadows. Lastly, I use the shade Busted from the Naked 2 palette just to add depth to the crease and outer corner of my eye, also dragging a tiny bit through the lower lash line. As always, I finish it all off with liquid liner and a few coats of Rimmel's Lash Accelerator mascara.

Personally, I adore the palettes on offer from Makeup Revolution, they do some great dupes of the Naked and Lorac Pro palettes that are so so cheap and the staying quality isn't too bad, either. For a few hours wear, these are perfect and for someone who's only just starting to play around and be a bit more adventurous with make up they're ideal.

I absolutely adore this look and I kind of blame In The Frow for making me try it out. Victoria's purple smokey eyes always look incredible and I found I had some shades to recreate the look and now it's my go to evening out eye make up.

Em x

1 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...