Wednesday 2 December 2015

♥ Disappointing Products #4





There's nothing worse than buying something and ending up with a really strong dislike for it... but it's something that happens to all of us even when the product is one we know other people absolutely love and couldn't live without. I haven't written a disappointing products post since May, so this is well overdue!

Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express mascara
I bought this quite a while ago now, after hearing Estee Lalonde ranting and raving about it at every opportunity. I can't get along with it as a mascara at all though. I find it super wet and it does nothing for my lashes, it coats them, but it doesn't add volume or length it just separates them and makes them look sparse and lifeless. I might give it a bit of time to dry out and then maybe my opinion will change, but for now I am so disappointed with this.

Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation
I've repurchased this foundation and I've been using it for a couple of years now, but I always end up with it in the depths of my makeup drawer - because it's full of shimmery glittery particles and I just do not want a shimmery base! I do love this foundation so much, but the shimmer really puts me off and so I never reach for it. I do, however, always always use the wake me up concealer. It's my absolute go to.

Body Shop Vitamin C Daily Moisturiser
I bought this moisturiser right before I went on holiday over summer because it has SPF in it and I knew it would do me well in the summer sun. However, when I pick this up now and pop it on, it doesn't sink into my skin undetectable, it coats it and then rubs off all sticky. It just coats the face and leaves a film that bunches up on the skin and it's really not nice.

Estee Lauder Little Black Primer mascara
This sample is one I picked up with my Double Wear Foundation (review, here). I wasn't expecting much from a sample, but I didn't expect to hate it. It doesn't prime my lashes well at all, it makes my mascara go all clumpy and weird and it doesn't do anything to enhance them or make them look better, so I'll stick to using a drying mascara as my 'primer' if you will.

What's the last beauty buy, or influenced purchase that disappointed you? I'd love to know what is was and why you didn't get along with it.

Em x


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...