Wednesday 2 March 2016

♥ February Favourites




February went by so fast, but that's to be expected, as it was the start of my final semester of uni *sob* and my birthday month. Theo visited me in Cornwall, I was utterly spoilt and really figured out what it is I'm doing my dissertation on. I was a decent month, but I'm glad March is here as it means going home for Easter and that Spring is very nearly here. I dug out my favourites, as ever, so here they are!




I've been trying loads of new looks with eyeshadow and I received a bunch of new shadows for my birthday so this B. Make Up Brush Cleanser has been my saviour. It's the perfect spot cleanser for eye brushes and I've written an in depth post, here, if you'd like to know more.. It only costs a few quid, so get your hands on it next time you're in Superdrug. I've had MAC's Fix + for quite some time now and I was always hesitant to pick it up and use it, but as I wear a lot of powder products now, this has been my go to when it comes to setting down a look and taking away that just been powdered look. It's great for moisturising before putting make up on, too. A great all rounder! Similar to my first favourite, this tiny roll of Sellotape is crucial now I wear so much eyeshadow. I pop it on the corners of my eyes, up to my brows, to ensure I have a nice crisp line of shadow. It basically does all the work for you, so try this if it's something you have yet to do. I've gone back to L'Oreal's Nude Magique Blur Cream to prime my t-zone as my skin is yet to improve. It blurs out pores like a dream and is an amazing alternative to Benefit's Porefessional and less than half the price of that one, too. My Beautyblender was sat on my shelf for such a long while and I just wasn't using it enough, so in February I tried it out again and now I can't stop using it. It's such a great little invention and a worthwhile investment. I'm obsessed with it, but if you're in a rush of a morning it probably isn't the best way of putting down your base products as it's quite time consuming to bop and buff in foundation with the little guy. Finally, I've been reaching for my Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer a whole lot this month. I've previously mentioned it in a 'Disappointing Products' post (this is my most recent one) as I just hated the brush tip - but I picked it up again and given it another go and I can't get enough of it. It's not the best in terms of coverage, but it brightens up the area under my eyes like nothing else I have. Now I quite like the brush, too, which was the thing that put me off before. I suppose I'll have to go back to more products I didn't get along with first time more often as this was a blessing in disguise!

Em x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...