Wednesday 15 June 2016

♥ I BOUGHT IT! MAC Mineralise Skinfinish Soft & Gentle | Review


I have been after this highlighting powder for longer than you can probably imagine. We're talking years. I don't know why it took me an age to pick it up but last week on a cheeky outing to Exeter, I popped into the MAC store and just went ahead and bought it. The MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle is described as a gilded peach bronze baked face powder with a radiant finish and girls, let me tell you something, it definitely is all that and so much more.



In the pan, it looks like the most beautiful marbled powder. I'd describe it as a metallic veil, It makes you look so glowy and naturally radiant. It's not chunky or chalky or bitty and it applies so smoothly. I've used this in my inner corner to brighten up my eyes, I've used it on my eye lids and as a brow bone highlight, I've used it above my brows and on the tops of my cheek bones and no matter where you place this powder it still looks perfect. It doesn't make you look glittery or anything at all like a disco ball, it just leaves such a polished, healthy finish. It gives extra dimension to the face and really contrasts a matte base, which I love as my every day foundation the Estee Lauder Double Wear is super matte. While it's described as peach, I'd say it's much more champagne toned than you'd think at first glance and I imagine it would work with so many different skin tones - that must be why it's such a coveted product. The price point is probably the thing that always stopped me from buying this, as at £24 it is quite costly, however, you get a whole ten grams of baked powder, and compared to my Mary Lou Manizer that's quite a bit more product.

After wearing this out all day and even to work, I can confirm that it stays put and looking just as flawless and dewy as it does when it's first applied for a good chunk of the day. After five hours running around at work it was still adding the nicest, subtle sheen to my complexion and it kept me looking dewy and To compare it to my go to highlighter, Mary Lou Manizer, it's much pinker and a bit more silver, whereas Mary Lou is a true champagne gold colour. Personally, I think Soft & Gentle is much more metallic and luminous on the skin and I think my swatch just about captures that.

(left to right: MAC's Soft & Gentle, The Balm's Mary Lou Manizer)


I'm so chuffed I finally have this in my life and I can't imagine I'll get bored of using it any time soon - which is fine because it gives old Mary Lou a rest. Is there another super popular highlighter you think I should try? Let me know!

Em x

SaveSaveSaveSave

13 comments:

  1. I have this! Love love love it. Glad to hear your enjoying it too! I need to get Mary Lou Manizer next. xx

    themakeupartistschoice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice, I'm so pleased I finally bought it. Mary Lou is insane, too, it's definitely worth picking it up if you get a chance! xx

      Delete
  2. This looks like a beautiful little piece for your collection x
    Love Vicki | victoriajanex.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so beautiful, I'm not going to get bored of using this at all, uh I love it!!

      Delete
  3. I've heard so much about this but I always think I'm going to be way too pale for it!

    Sophie | www.astoldby-sophie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's nice and peachy so I wouldn't worry too much, i think it would suit loads of different skin tones, compared to the Mary Lou which I find really golden and warm toned!

      Delete
  4. Every time I see this I'm reminded of how much I want it! Great review x

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is exactly how I felt when I saw people mention it. Go and pick it up! You won't regret it. x

      Delete
  5. I keep picking this one up and forgetting to actually buy it! I never know if I would love it and use it as much as Mary Lou :(

    Erin || MakeErinOver

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that for such a long time, I didn't think they'd be so different but this gives me such a glow from within. It's super easy to wear, without being subtle, and I can't imagine I'll be reaching for Mary Lou for a while! x

      Delete
  6. i've read so many amazing things about this, it looks amazing!

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so in love with it, I can't get enough!

      Delete
  7. Oh I love this! It almost makes you not feel like a real makeup lover if you don't already have a HG like this haha! I need to go and buy it this instant!

    corrie | corriearnold.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...