Wednesday 21 September 2016

♥ Kat Von D Beauty Haul




It's safe to say I lost my shit when I found out Kat Von D's make up line was finally being released in the UK. When we got given the date I was ecstatic. It's a brand I've wanted to try for ages but I just wasn't prepared to pay the cost of shipping it over from America and being charged for purchases in a foreign currency. I also wasn't too thrilled with the hike in prices third part companies were trying to charge in the UK. Thankfully, Debenhams have taken the line on and it's incredibly easy to get ahold of, now!




The first thing I knew I just had to get is the Shade and Light Eye Contour Quad in the shade Rust. It's typical of me - the nice warm terracotta orange is the shade I was really after and there is also a deep dark brown shade with a beautiful pink toned base shade and a bright white shimmer highlight shade. These shadows are the most creamy and buttery eyeshadows I own and while that does mean you get a lot of kickback of the product in the pan when you pick it up, it also enables you to blend them out to your hearts content. I just had to get some base products and where better to start than the Lock It Concealer Creme. I ended up ordering the shade Light 15 Neutral and it's a pretty perfect match for me. It's a thick, high coverage concealer and despite being thick, it doesn't make my under eye area look dry whatsoever. It's damn incredible. Because the prices were much lower than I expected, I also ended up buying the Lock It Foundation. I went for the shade Light 49, which is a touch too dark, but I can just about get away with it. This, like the concealer, boasts 24 hour wear and is very thick and gives you full coverage. The only qualm I have is that it must be set with powder straight away, as on me it clings to every tiny crease. Finally, I ordered three of the Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks. I went for the must-have fawn nude, Bow'n'Arrow, an incredible soft lilac shade, Requiem and the perfect pink mauve nude shade Lovesick. At only £16 you can't say no and it won't be very long at all until I buy another batch of shades. Debenham's also gave away tiny free samples of the Tattoo Liner and I'm pretty excited to try my hand with that, too.

What bits are you desperate to try from the line? Let me know! If you want to see swatches or a more in depth insight into any of the products, let me know that too.

Em x



2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited Kat Von D is finally here in the UK! I'd love to hear your opinions on the foundation, been lusting over it for a while but have heard so many mixed reviews! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep using it and then get a review written for ya, from the first few uses I'm besotted, even if I did get the shade a little bit wrong! I am quite oily, though, so that might be why I love it so much. I'd totally gone off matte foundations before this was in my life!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...